These are some of the important safety features that you should look for in your next car.
If you are looking for a new car, then safety is probably one of the main things on your mind. However, with all the new car features out there, it can be difficult to determine which ones are the most necessary for you. To help, here are some of the car safety features that can help almost every driver stay safe while on the road.
1) Forward Collision Warning: This safety feature utilizes sensors located at the front of your car to warn you of an impending collision. This will give the driver the chance to react defensively to avoid getting into the accident.
2) Automatic Emergency Braking: This feature works in tandem with forward collision warning sensors to automatically apply your car’s brakes when it senses a potential collision threat.
3) Lane Departure Warning: This safety feature uses cameras to monitor your car’s lane position. If you begin to drift outside your lane, you will be alerted so you can adjust your lane position accordingly.
4) Backup Camera: This feature uses cameras placed on the back of your car. These cameras are automatically activated when you shift into reverse. These cameras will improve your visibility and can help you avoid backing into an obstacle.
5) Automatic Seatbelt Alert: This feature reminds everyone in your vehicle to put on his or her seatbelt. If you or your passengers forget to put on their seatbelts, an alarm will go off until the person is safely buckled in.
6) Electronic Stability Control: This safety feature is now standard on vehicles manufactured after 2012. However, if you are buying a used car, it’s important to make sure that the car you are considering has this feature. Electronic stability control helps you maintain control of your vehicle when you are facing slippery driving conditions and winding roads.
These are some of the safety features you should look for in your next car. Remember, once you find the perfect car for you, it’s important that you get the right auto insurance to protect it. To find the right policies to fit your needs, contact the professionals at Westwood Insurance Agency. We are always ready to assist you with your coverage needs.